If your child doesn't pursue post-secondary education, you have a number of options.
- You could transfer your CST Advantage Plan to another child
- You could transfer your CST Advantage Plan to an Individual or Family Savings Plan with CST (please understand that you would lose the group plan benefits)
- You may be able to transfer some or all your income to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) tax-free*
- You may be able to transfer some or all your income to a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) tax-free*
- You may be able to withdraw the income (at your marginal tax rate plus an addition 20%)*
We will work with you to assess all of your options. Please remember, however, that, in the case the child does not pursue post-secondary education, the government requires that all of its unused grants be returned.